From the top of the stairs the view straight ahead was of fog and haze, heavy and oppressive, announcing a replay of yesterday’s sweat and poor vision and fight with frustration.
I got fixated on the frustrating and forgot to look up.
When I finally did, what a whole new view, whole new world, right in the same vista!
Look what I was missing! (Click on the photo(s) for a more lifelike view.)
Glorious sky, reminding me of Colossians 3:1-4.
And so, let me lift up my eyes, my mind, my heart and soul, to where He is, and consider what He is, and how countless many reasons I have to praise Him.
(From Psalm 89) Because…
- He is a God of mercies (undeserved kindnesses)
- He is a God of faithfulness—to all generations
- His mercy shall be built up forever
- He shall establish it in the very heavens.
- He is a covenant-making God.
- He is a covenant-keeping God.
- The heavens themselves praise His wonders
- Praise for His faithfulness shall (and should) also arise in the assembly of saints
- No one in the heavens can be compared to Him
- No sons of the mighty can be likened to Him
- He is greatly to be feared in the assembly of the saints.
- He is to be held in reverence by all those around Him
- No one is mighty like He is
- His faithfulness surrounds Him.
- He rules the raging of the sea.
- When its waves rise, He can still them.
- He is able to break “powerful” human empires in pieces
- He is able to scatter their armies with His arm
- That arm of His is mighty
- Strong is His hand
- And high is His right hand.
- The heavens are His
- The earth is His also
- The world and everything in it belongs to Him
- He founded the heavens
- He founded the earth
- He founded the world and all it contains
- Mountains like Tabor and Hermon themselves rejoice in His name (in what He is)
- Righteousness and justice are the foundation of His throne.
- Mercy goes before Him
- Truth goes before Him
- And blessed are the people who know the joyful sound!
- Blessed are they who walk in the light of His countenance
- In His name they can rejoice all day long
- In His righteous they are exalted
- In His favor their “horn” (strength) is exalted
- The shield of His people belongs to Him, as does their king.
- His mercies are worth singing about forever
- His faithfulness is worth making known to all generations.
And that’s just from the first eighteen verses!
Refreshed and exulting in Him today!