Why should I praise Him? Let me count the (Biblical, God-focused) reasons…
(Catching up. Counting toward 10,000. Do you think I can find that many?)
REASONS TO PRAISE GOD (COUNTING TOWARD 10,000)
THESE, TODAY, FROM PHILIPPIANS 1…
- 377 – Because He begins the good work of resurrected life in believers
- 378 – Because He is the one who completes it
- 379 – Because Jesus Christ’s affection produces godly longing in believers toward one another
- 380 – Because the first fruits of righteousness come by Him, by Jesus Christ
- 381 – Because those first fruits are for the glory and praise of God
- 382 – Because He gives little humans the supply of His Holy Spirit
- 383 – Because if we know Him as Paul did we will feel that “to live is Christ,”
- 384 – Because if we know Him as Paul did we will feel that “to die is gain” because we will be with Him.
FROM PHILIPPIANS 2…
- 385 – Because consolation is found in Christ.
- 386 – Because He made Himself nothing for little man!
- 387 – Because He took on the form of a bond slave for humanity!
- 388 – Because He lowered Himself to come in the likeness of mortal man
- 389 – Because He humbled Himself even to the point of death on a cross for humanity
- 390 – Because at the name of Jesus every knee in heaven will bow
- 391 – Because at the name of Jesus every knee on earth will bow
- 392 – Because His name is exalted above every name.
- 393 – Because every tongue will confess that Jesus Christ is Lord
- 394 – Because it’s God Who works in us (believers) both to will and to do according to His good pleasure.
(I had to back up in my numbers, because I discovered I duplicated a lot of reasons from Isaiah 61, back there somewhere.)