A To-Do List for the Autumn/Winter “Creativity Room” (see last post for the reason for this):
- Make a mini indoor “herb plot”:
- Dig up a pot of chives from outside
- Ditto one of parsley
- Ditto a tiny lavender shrub
- Start a new pot of thyme
- Ready the container-grown rosemary plants to be moved in, come cold weather
- Paint the bottom shelf in the crafts room, under the “grow lights” (fluorescent—which you can replace with true grow lights later)
- Find or buy something to serve as nice (white?) planters, to contain all the above
- Arrange above plants on shelf under light.
2. Add some color and flowers:
- Trim down the impatiens to make them less leggy
- Use these cuttings for floral arrangements now
- Pot up some of the impatiens plants later, and take inside
- Place these in center of plant shelf, amid indoor mini “herb garden”
- Repeat these steps with colorful coleus plants.
- Pot up the pinky “Polka Dot Plants” (really house plants sunk this year into the garden) and move them inside for winter
- Incorporate some vines:
- take cuttings from ivy and vinca
- hold in water temporarily
- plant in pots or hangers, twisting and fastening atop the ground for fuller plantings
- Throw in a bit of outer-space-like whimsy:
- simply bring in the planting of succulents
- find a special container in which to place their pot, more fitting in whatever room they’ll “board in”
- Enjoy these each day
- Take time to smell the fragrant, feast your eyes on the beautiful, look closely at the details, and giggle over the quirky
- Especially important: consider their Designer and His amazing creativity, wisdom, and even whimsical humor!
What a celebration of His amazing creation!