A quick summary report of much that happened while I was “on vacation”…
Improvements to the blog:
– ReCaptcha killed! (I didn’t do this. Web-guy son did.) Hallelujah! Now all you have to do when you leave a comment is check a little box that attests you are not a spammer!
– Avatars enabled with blog comments now. If you have one, it will appear
– I found TEN THOUSAND REASONS to praise our God! 10,000 biblically verifiable ones, found! Yes, really.
Vacationy stuff, if but for a day (or two):
– Amazing afternoon of R and R with Husband at a local lake — oh, so soothing, and oh, so needed!
-An errand day turned slow-down “rest” day. Something learned from this.
– Sad news, next day after the lake visit, of dear sister-in-law’s passing two days before. (Husband’s sister.) It was good to have had the day of peace and rest and quiet before we knew…
– For Husband, first a kidney stone then a bout with gout (evidently from the same cause) — followed by some dietary changes around here.
– Four days of dog fostering, a wonderful stray dog, which Husband and I both bonded with and nearly adopted. Will I ever forget this dog?
Hopes realized, partway, anyhow:
– Incredible lessons from God, through His Word: such as…
blogging and the temptation in the wilderness
blogging and the Sermon on the Mount
blogging and the whole book of Matthew
blogging and all the Proverbs about mouth or tongue or lips or words
and blogging and the Epistle of James.
– More incredible (life!)lessons from God, through my grabbing the right book at the right time.
– One more week “off” than I’d figured on, when some flu bug or something knocked me flat! (giving me exactly the total days needed to finish the 31 daily lessons in the book mentioned above—and exactly what I needed to get some of the lessons—on being still. (For two days there, I didn’t have much choice!)
Hope to be sharing about some of these things in upcoming posts.